Here are a few architectural details that sucked me in:
1. Awesome trim. It may not be in perfect shape, but it's nothing a little paint can't fix.
It's not as impressive as the Kremer-Hoying house trim (below, in the kitchen in Hank & Winnie's birthday photo, finished) but not too shabby.
2. Details around the lights. Yes, they would look nicer around an actual fixture rather than a light bulb, but you get the picture.
3. 2nd floor patio. Clearly it's missing, but it's going to be super cool.
4. Tons of windows. From the living room, we can keep an eye on Bacon Garman. If that's not entertainment, nothing is! (:
5. Beadboard. I love beadboard. Nuff said.
Also, there's a pretty cool metal ceiling in the main hallway. We have a love/hate relationship with it, in that I love it & Mitch hates it.6. Clawfoot tub. I have no idea if it's old, but it's in good shape.
7. Attic circle windows with decorative wood trim
They'll look better with actual windows in them, but they let in nice light. Here's an original transom, painted, above an exterior door in the 2nd floor hallway.